Effective Date: 03/21/2020
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- User Content
- How We Use Information
- How We Disclose Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Third-Party Analytics
- Do Not Track Disclosure
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Third-Party Collection
- Your Choices
- Contact Us
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services. We may combine information from the information that we collect from these various sources.
- Information We Collect Directly from You. We may collect information about you directly from you. For example, if you make a donation through our Site, we will collect your name, email address, phone number, address, and payment card information. We will also collect any other information that you provide to us through our Services, such as your name, email address, and the contents of your message if you Contact Us through our Site.
- Information We Collect Directly from Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect information from third-party data sellers to enhance information that we have about donors or prospective donors.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about you through your use of our Services, including, without limitation IP address, location, browser type, domain name, the website that led you to our Services, the website to which you go after leaving our Services, the dates and times you access our Services, device ID, and activities within our Services (e.g., links you click, searches you run, etc.). Please see our Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms section below for more information.
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect, including personal information and User Content, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Services. To process donations; to provide and maintain our Services; to improve our Services; to develop new features or services; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how individuals interact with our Services; to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you about your use of our Services; to send you updates; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Our communications with you may include communications via email. Please see our section regarding Your Choices for more information about how to change your communications preferences.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
How We Disclose Information
We disclose the information that we collect, including personal information and User Content, as described to you at the time of collection or as consented to by you before disclosure, or as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to a computer’s hard drive through a web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities while using our Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers provides information about how to prevent a computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify upon receiving a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Users who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Services, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also referred to as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with our Services to, among other things, track user activities, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Services. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to you, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in the Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms section above (e.g., by disabling cookies).
We use third parties such as network advertisers to display advertisements on our Services, to assist us in displaying advertisements on third-party websites, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns. You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: optout.networkadvertising.org (NAI) and optout.aboutads.info (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Services or other services. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextual advertising). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit an opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private.
Opting out of Email Communications. We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or contacting us at the Contact Us information below. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you non-promotional emails (e.g., about your donations).
Our Services are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age. While we may collect information about children from parents or others, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
Notice to California Residents – California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and have provided us with personal information, California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of personally identifiable information that we collect through the Platform and the categories of third-party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personally identifiable information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who we can and cannot share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personally identifiable information you do not want us to share with third parties. Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally identifiable information or requesting this notice.
Users From Outside the United States
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or for further information about our data privacy policies and practices, please contact us at: 4201 Eucalyptus Ave. Chino, CA, 91710 or email@example.com.